Welcome, Delegates, Alternates and Volunteers, to the Bexar County
Senate District 25 2020 Convention!
We are pleased to announce this convention will now take place at
Anne Marie’s Catering & Events
12475 Starcrest Dr, San Antonio, TX 78216
We ask that you arrive by 7:30 AM on
Saturday, May 23rd
to be through the registration line and in your seat in time for the gavel to come down with a quorum in the house at 9:00 AM.
The County Executive Committee members of SD 25 elected Mark Dorazio as our Temporary Convention Chairman.
Upcoming Committee Meetings:
Tuesday, May 19, 2020, 6:00 PM – Nominations Committee — Virtual Meeting — https://zoom.us/j/97070666636?pwd=TnZBM2Y4z3loQmpaTkQwa2hQblZwZz09 Meeting ID: 970 7066 6636 Password: 0DSgvU2V54
To volunteer to to serve as much-needed help with registration, as a non-delegate volunteer during the day of convention, by all means, please contact Arrangements Chair Krissy Coons.
Here is the TEXAS STATE REPUBLICAN PARTY CONVENTION DELEGATE APPLICATION to apply to Bexar County’s SD 25 Nominations Committee to be an at-large delegate to the state convention. If you did not attend your Precinct Convention or get nominated there to the SD Convention, you may apply to be nominated to attend the State Convention as an At-Large Delegate by submitting This Form to the Bexar SD 25 Nominations Committee. We strongly recommend you fill it out, scan and send it in before the day of the Senate District Convention. If you cannot do that, then print and fill it out in advance to bring with you.
If you have a Resolution you would like to submit which you did not already submit at your precinct convention, your best option is to email it to the Resolutions Committee Chairman days before the convention.
While emailing it to the Resolutions Committee is better, if you still intend to submit your Resolution in hard copy in person from the floor of the SD Convention, if you did not submit it at your Precinct Convention, know that you must have three separate copies of it in writing to turn in. It is highly advisable to have copies of such Resolutions ready before arriving at convention, typed and printed, rather than hand writing them at the convention.
Convention Committee Chairmen:
Arrangements – Krissy Coons
Credentials – Judge O. Rene Diaz
Permanent Organization – Lani Popp
Nominations – Laura Koerner
Rules – Curt Nelson
Resolutions – Grant Moody
List of all Committees’ Members
The convention committees have been meeting since March 6th and will do so through the convention to complete the business of the convention, which includes electing delegates from our district to the State Convention and passing Resolutions to send on to the State Convention for consideration to be added to our State Party Platform.
Per Republican Party of Texas Rule 14,
these meetings are "open to any delegate or alternate to that convention,
any State or County Republican Party Officer, any elected Republican Public
Officeholder, or any Republican Candidate" and "These same people shall have
the right to appear before any convention committee or subcommittee and make
recommendations for the committee’s consideration or testify concerning any
item under purview of the committee. The committee may adopt reasonable rules
including time limits for such presentations and may establish a reasonable
limit of time for these presentations".
The Bexar County Senate District 25 Convention will be following the same guidelines as those issued by Governor Greg Abbott and Attorney General Ken Paxton for houses of worship, found here.
- Ensure all attendees sanitize their hands and put on a mask before entering the building
- Instruct sick employees, volunteers, and guests to stay home
- Practice social distancing by maintaining appropriate distance between people
- Maintain good hygiene by washing your hands frequently, using hand sanitizer, using your elbow to cover coughs, and not touching your face
- Implement environmental cleanliness and sanitization practices
- Clean and disinfect work areas frequently
- Encourage all attendees who are 65 and above to stay home and watch the services online, or provide a “senior service” exclusively for attendees 65 and above to attend in person
- Ask all attendees who have an underlying at-risk health condition to stay home and watch the services online
- Equip ushers and greeters with gloves and masks
- Ensure attendees sit with their family unit, use social distancing between each unit…